Empathy In the Workplace Learning Objectives:
- Increased understanding, insight and self-awareness about ones’ own behavior and its impact on others, including the ways in which others interpret one’s behavior.
- Increased understanding and sensitivity about the behavior of others, including better interpretation of both verbal and nonverbal clues, which increases awareness and understanding of what the other person is thinking and feeling.
- Better understanding and awareness of group and inter-group process, both those that facilitate and those that inhibit group functioning.
- Increased diagnostic skills in interpersonal inter-group situation. The first three objectives are important for the accomplishment of the fourth objective.
- Increased ability to transform learning into action, so that real life interventions will be more successful increasing employee effectiveness, satisfaction, and output.
- Improvement in individuals ability to analyze their own interpersonal behavior, as well as to learn own to help themselves and others with whom they come in contact to achieve more satisfying rewarding and effective interpersonal relationships.
- Complete self-assessments to help the employee further understand how the concepts in the program apply personally to them.
Title VII Management Training Learning Objectives
- Explain what federal discrimination laws are and their basic provisions
- Define discrimination
- Define harassment
- Cite categories of harassment
- Define retaliation
- Cite costs involved with violations of federal discrimination laws
- Describe the organizations policy on discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Describe the organizations complaint process and procedures
- Explain the responsibilities supervisors have in complying with federal discrimination laws